Sunday, April 26, 2009

education= status

1) Many of the text we've read discuss the idea of status. Think about the communities you belong to - your family, groups of friends, neighborhoods, and/or ethnic communities. What gives someone status in each of these communities or groups? What do you think this suggests about the values of your community? Are they the same as yours? Do you aspire to status in your community - or to something else.


In my family education gives you status. If you have a education they see it as you will be somebody some day that you will not have a financial problem In the future because you have a stable carrier. It shows that you are smart and also have responsibility. For us it means you want to be someone in life and you don’t settle for less. You want to outdo other soo that’s why you go to college and get the final degree and you apply that same discipline in to your job. It also has to do with that fact that education will get you money and that along with money you get respect. I agree with what they think because education is the fundamental base of life you can pretty much say . You have the tools that you need to do something with your life. I do aspire status because I am trying my hardest to continue with school even after all the problems going on. I show that I am a strong young women doing what I do because a lot of people my age are becoming quitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment